Protecting Homes and Reputations with Roofing Underlayments for 40+ Years
Since 1978, self-adhering GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® roofing underlayment has been contractors' trusted solution to protect homes and buildings from wind-driven rain and ice dams.
The most severe weather is no match for our self-adhered underlayments
Roofing contractors and builders stake their reputations on quality workmanship. That's why they trust our roofing underlayments to protect homes in the most extreme climates around the world, and architects choose our products because they meet the most demanding design requirements.
All of our self-adhering underlayments outperform other brands because they:
• Seal aggressively to roof decks to create a watertight bond and prevent water migration
• Seal tightly around roof fasteners to prevent leaks
• Seal to form watertight bonds at vulnerable overlaps for superior water-shedding
Additionally, RIPCORD® Split Release On-Demand technology makes it easier to protect vulnerable details like chimneys, valleys, and roof-to-wall transitions.
Carousel Title: Residential Roof Protection
Grace Ice & Water Shield®
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® Self-adhered roofing underlayment is a premier membrane composed of two waterproofing materials—an aggressive rubberized asphalt adhesive backed by a layer of slip resistant coated high density cross laminated polyethylene film.
• Seals around fasteners
• Watertight Laps
• Protects under all standard sloped roof coverings
• Proven track record
• Slip resistant surface
• Membrane will not crack, dry out or rot
• Local technical support
Grace Ice & Water Shield® HT
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® HT self-adhered underlayment is specifically designed to meet the challenges inherent in metal roof assemblies. It delivers all the advantages of GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® with thermal stability to 260F and 120 day exposure
• Thermal Resistance to 260F
• 120 day UV exposure
• High Quality Seal around fasteners
• Superior Adhesion
• Easily forms Watertight Laps
GRACE SELECT™ self-adhered roofing underlayment is the performance alternative to granular surfaced underlayments. It meets industry and code based standards of performance for fastener sealability and provides fast and easy installation.
• Lighter Weight
• Superior Lap Adhesion than Granulars
• Re-roofable, Shingles do not bond to surface
• Clean film surface
• Won't track adhesive/oil
• Higher Adhesive Content and no inert fillers
GRACE ULTRA™ self-adhered roofing underlayment features a unique 100% butyl adhesive formulation. GRACE ULTRA™ delivers best in class waterproofing protection and the highest level of thermal stability (300F). Suitable for use in the most extreme conditions, including under copper, COR-TEN® and Zinc roofing.
• Butyl Adhesive
• Thermal Resistant to 300F
• Compatible with TPO and EPDM Roofing Membranes
• Seals around fasteners
We sweat the details to make roofing faster, easier and more profitable for contractors and owners
We advanced roofing technology in 1978 by introducing the first self-adhering roofing underlayment product. Our R&D team innovates continuously to improve installation efficiency and ensure our products are the most durable and resilient.
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® is the original self-adhered underlayment that delivers superior waterproofing performance and has been installed on more than two million homes, including many in the most severe climates.
GRACE ICE & WATER SHIELD® HT is a version of the flagship product that is formulated to be more thermally stable and ideal for use under metal roofing or in high-temperature roofing assemblies.
GRACE SELECT™ is a code-compliant performance alternative to granular underlayments. Its lower thickness makes it lighter and easier to apply than heavy granular surfaced materials.
- GRACE ULTRA™ is a unique self-adhered underlayment formulated with a butyl adhesive that delivers unmatched thermal stability. It is suitable for use under copper, COR-TEN® steel, and zinc roof coverings.